Tuesday, January 25, 2011

MAE Posters

All three of my MAE posters went pretty well. The class seemed to like my both my concepts and my designs. 1 poster was only text, one was with an image and one was with a vector drawing. All three were allowed one color: black.

For this first poster (vector only) I chose to have a more fun light-hearted concept. I got the idea from a teacher's quote page. After getting the quote, I thought of doing something cute and fun to tie it in. The birds were effective for giving off the summer feel that I wanted. Making things looks summery are pretty easy when you have color and can use all sorts of reds oranges and pinks but being limited on color, I wanted to make sure my graphic could hold it's own. The only problem with this poster was that the tree bleeds off the page and weren't allowed a bleed.




This was my second poster (photo only). I used a photo from thousand hills form last year. I also wanted to the concept to clear. the "blossom" goes along with the blossoming tree. I am not sure what this tree looks like to someone who hasn't seen the color version, but the tree is normally a gorgeous light pink beginning to blossom. Rusty said the transparent boxed worked well and that he liked the concept! Yay :)





This is the third poster (type only). My classmates and Rusty likes the composition and my use of a grid on this poster. I made a point to highlight the most important facts such as the date and time. The date is bolded and the time is pretty big. I was really happy with all three of my designs. All were approved by Rusty with a few tweaks of course. 




No comments:

Post a Comment